Friday 12 April 2013

Birth-daze

Happy Friday to you!
My house is abuzz with excitement this morning, as it's my darling boy's 7th birthday! 
Cake is on the menu for most of April actually, 
as lots of my nearest and dearest celebrate turning another year wiser!
Glitz's 'Color me Happy' collection, with it's irresistible brights, is perfect for spreading 
the birthday cheer!
This card was made for a dear friend who celebrated 40 fabulous years this week! 
I've used some Kaisercraft cardstock in Coconut as my base. For the numbers, I cut various sized '40's' as well as the word 'naughty' on my Silhouette.
I sprayed the '40' with Mister Huey's and used a Crafters Workshop mini Hexagon 
template along with some Color Shine in Sweet Cherry. The little birds were fussy cut 
out of one of the Color Me Happy Whatnots. I coated the smaller one with adhesive 
then glitter for some extra bling!
I wanted to make a clear tag, but it didn't stand out that well against the blue gift bag... so I backed the tag I cut from the pack of 'Peekaboos', with some white cardstock. I cut the sentiment out from the 'Bits and Pieces' sheet and complimented it with some fussy cut hearts and a little date tag. The seam binding was coloured with Color Shine.
I jazzed up the little gift bag with a gorgeous 'garland' from the Whatnot's pack and popped on some twine (which I coloured with Color Shine) and secured with a brad at each end. 
A giant rhinestone is the perfect finishing touch!
Thanks for stopping by today. Hopefully you get some time to cook up something fabulous for our sketch challenge over the weekend!

Chantalle


Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Wow Chantalle these look awesome...xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a super fun and bright card and gift bag! Way to celebrate! Enjoy celebrating your son's big day and thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - Love love love!!! What a cool card and the bag and tag totally rock!!! Love that colour!!!

    ReplyDelete

09 10