Sunday 14 July 2013

Sunday inspiration..... mood board style.

Good morning.... hope you are all well and have been creating up a storm. I am after what has felt like an eternity without any major mojo or more importantly motivation, I am getting back into my creative flow... so with that in mind I would like to share with you my interpetation of the mood board... and it wasnt easy even though I created it lol.
 So for those who have been wanting to play along with the board and dont know where to start I would like to share some tips with you...
 

I started with the colours.... the idea of a mood board is to grab the colours, images, and textures. For me the sense of the board is a soft, whimsy and dreamy theme so I wanted to show that in my layout.





The Kaisercraft On this Day range helped me achieve the whimsy dreamy effect, the key colour for me was the blue.... the sticker boarders made a quick base for my photo and I used a combination of gesso and Tim Holtz stains to get a washed out effect....


To add more of the whimsy feel to the layout, I used the new to store Heidi Swapp stencils to add a bit of fun to the layout, I used texture paste, and once it was dry, I added some glue and glitter... and dont forget the beautiful Prima flowers to add extra dimension.

And for a quick title, some  Imaginarium chipboard words covered in glue and glitter... to mimic the photo on the board with the glitter.  
On this Day Bouquet
On this Day Bouquet

Charlotte Melon 6pk
Charlotte Melon 6pk
 
 
Heidi Swapp Confetti Template 6x6 inch
Heidi Swapp Confetti Template 6x6 inch
 
 Imaginarium Words Love Cherish and Adore
Imaginarium Words Love Cherish and Adore
 
So hopefully this has inspired you to all to try our challenge, I cant wait to see what you come up with.
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. This LO is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the way you've used the HS template - I've got my eye on that one lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a fab template! Looks fantastic

    ReplyDelete

09 10