Friday 15 November 2013

'Family Memories' - Crate Close Knit

Good morning Sassy friends and happy Friday!
After a couple of crazy-busy weeks, I'm hoping to enjoy a change of pace over the weekend and get to grips with the abundance of goodness that came home with me from the Heidi Swapp class here 
in Brisbane last Saturday. If you went along to any of the classes, you will know what a fantastic 
job Heidi and Kim did in inspiring us to all 'Make Pretty Stuff!'
Continuing with Crate's 'Close Knit' collection, I would like to share this layout featuring 
my Mother as a young girl sitting on my Grandfather's knee. Sadly, they are both no longer with us, but this beautiful collection of papers and embellishments has me reaching for the few precious old family photos I have. Don't keep them in boxes. Get them copied, enjoy them 
and remember a time less hurried.
I was completely inspired by the gorgeous embroidery hoop pattern on the 'Togetherness' paper. 
My Mum was a crafty character too and I felt it a fitting tribute to her on this layout.
Epiphany tool, where have you been all my life?? 
I love it and so will you! Make your own custom embellishment to go perfectly with your page!
There are so many fantastic goodies in the new Crate collections, but the photo overlays must be a personal favourite. Perfect for a simple, yet effective result, without the need for fancy photography apps. On the left, you can see the pic on it's own, and on the right, with the overlay over the top. When using, check for the layer of protective plastic. It's hard to see, but look at the edges carefully and peel it off for a clear, glossy finish. Apply a narrow strip of adhesive on the edges (most of them have a colour border) where it won't be visible on the photograph.
Some snippets and ephemera bits add to my title.

Your family memories deserve Close Knit ;)

Have a fantastic weekend!

Chantalle x


Close Knit Memories PaperClose Knit Togetherness PaperClose Knit 12x12 Cutouts Laughter Paper    Close Knit 12x12 Chipboard Accent Phrase  Close Knit Ephemera Pack  



Close Knit Wood Veneer Shapes and Phrases    Close Knit Photo Overlays    Epiphany Crafts - Shape Studio Tool - Round 25mm
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Chantalle this is such a gorgeous page to remember your mum and her dad, we really should get our photos from the drawer or boxes and scrap them so our future generations can learn from them. I was so lucky to go to Make Pretty Stuff with Heidi and I learnt so much and bought so much new stuff I can't wait to play.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your beautiful comment Sandra. So glad you had a great time at Make Pretty Stuff. I came home completely inspired too! Have a great weekend x

      Delete
  2. Lovely page Chantalle! Taught me something I didn't know, I never removed any plastic film from the photo overlays! Oh dear whoops! I do love them though they look great! The Heidi and Kim Classes were great, fantastic kits and I'm not complaining but where am I going to put all of it ! I need a serious clean out. :)

    ReplyDelete

09 10