Monday 14 July 2014

Project Life | Week 24...

Hi there Sassy Friends!  It's Leanne here today to share with you another Project Life spread created with the gorgeous Sassy Scrapper July Project Life kit
 
http://sassyscrapper.com.au/catalog.php?item=7637
 
This week was all about celebrating colour! The yellow, coral and hot pink goodies in the kit have come into their own during Week 24 | June 9 - 15, and yet I don't think the spread leans to being either too feminine or too masculine.  Colour balance and layering have saved my pages from disaster once again. ((hopefully))..
 


On the first page, the yellow/gold hues are a standout.  Combined, they highlight my son's batman costume, other clothing and even his artwork.  The yellow washi tape layered with the chipboard heart also subtly mimics his striped jumper!



One of the Chic Tags patterned papers included in the kit has gold foil highlights.  As I used this piece of paper heavily on the opposite side of my spread, I wanted to include some extra touches of gold on the first page.  On my weekly title card, I used gold embossing powder and the Captured Moments Polaroid clear stamps.  I  have also hand cut a star shape from the Glitz Design paper and layered it directly to the same piece of patterned paper with a Bella Blvd label sticker.  Again I stamped tiny gold stars from the stamp set, with gold embossing powder to create a little playfulness in the pocket.  I have also used the gold Studio Calico cameras from the shop (not included in the kit) for some extra detail.

 
While still working with my title card, I decided I wanted to use a PL card across the two top pockets.  To do this, I simply added my journaling, being careful and aware of where the card would be cut into two.  Once I was happy with the alighnment, I cut the card, making sure I had included a touch of the orange banner that would filter through to the other pocket.  To finish, I placed three enamel dots from the add-on kit directly to the PL card.  note: looking at the above photos, the cut PL card doesn't seem to line up.  This is because it had slipped slightly inside it's pocket and I didn't notice while I was taking photographs! eeek!  (my appologies)..



Now, I don't know about you, but some weeks I just find it really difficult to keep on top of taking photos.  And while I took over 90 photos at a costume party I didn't want to include ones that had no meaning to my project life.  This left me with a few blank areas to fill for Week 24.  Luckily for me my youngest shared some brilliant thoughts with me during this particular week.  And even better was that I managed to facebook these gems and could remember word for word his funny little quote!
 


I typed my facebook status directly to a 4x6 PL card and then cut it down to create strip journaling.


On page two of my spread, I had another area of blank space, but instead of finding another photo to fill it, I've simply left it with the name of the month being shared and layers of pretty paper and embellishments.  This type of pocket sometimes helps, when I have photos that are busy, as it allows the eye to rest.  I also appreciate that the bowties convey the subliminal message of the fancy dress party we attended.


 
The rest of the spread has been highlighted with bright pops of hot pink and coral.  Like the bowties, the hot pink is a reminder of the 1920s flapper costume I wore to the party.  And since I was the one taking photos that evening, I have only one family photo to show that we were actually there! LOL!  I like to think that every little subliminal message helps!
 


Don't forget to add ephemera items to you PL spreads.  Because I was lacking photos for this week, I added a printed version of the digital invite to the surprise party.
 
 
http://sassyscrapper.com.au/catalog.php?item=7637
 
http://sassyscrapper.com.au/catalog.php?item=7638
 
Captured Moments 12x12 Multi Pocket Pages 2
 
Sunshine In my Soul 12x12 Alphabet and Words Stickers
 
Captured Moments Polaroid Stamps
 
Essentials Chipboard Cameras Gold
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10