Sunday 14 December 2014

December Days album with photos

Hello Sassy friends

I'm popping in to share my December Days album progress with you. 
Already I'm enjoying looking back on the busy days so far this month.

If you have missed my earlier posts on putting the album together,  
Click here for Day 9 -16 
 
Day 1
  All through my album I am using the prompts and gorgeous free 
printables from Pink Paislee.
 Turn the page divider and you get a picture of how our cheeky Elf, Freddy 
wrote us a hello message in toilet paper! This pic opens up to reveal 
another photo and some journalling.
Day 2
 The misting did show through on the underside. It wasn't crazy visible, but it was there. If you want to try this technique, I would recommend a lighter colour.
Day 3
My sweet little monkey, dressed up as an Angel for her first Christmas concert at kindy. I have added a couple of Simple Stories photo stickers onto some of my pics. These aren't in the kit, but you can grab some from the store here
 
Day 4
 I have created a little pocket by folding over a bit of the Heidi Swapp paper, 
and then cutting a 'v' shape out of it. I have lined a section with some 
of the glitter cardstock. The sides were sewn shut to hold some very 
sweet notes my Son received from his classmates.
This is what is looks like when you turn over the envelope.
'Happy Holidays' pulls down to reveal my journalling.
Day 5
The view behind the envelope which has been stamped with wood veneer. 
I have left the LHS with a bit of extra white space, where I would like 
to add more pics of lights that we see during the rest of the month.
 
On the back of the envelope I have drawn some Christmas lights. I saw this idea 
on Martha Stewart's Instagram feed. Very sweet and easy to do... simply draw 
your cable with a pen and then paint on the globes.
Day 6
Definately one of my favourites so far! The polka dot has been created with a Heidi Swapp mini stencil and some texture paste. I have highlighted a few of the spots with enamel dots to echo the colours of the water balloons.
 
Day 7
 On the LHS I have done a bit of stamping with some white Donna Salazar 
Colorbox ink. The word 'Santa' (which is hard to see on these pics) was created from a Heidi Swapp word and cut out on my Silhouette using stamp material. 
It's been stamped with silver ink.

The little frame showcases tiny notes that we get from our magical elf, Freddy. 
The other paper is my Son's Christmas wish list, which I photocopied before it was delivered to Santa.
This is one of the Pink Paislee printables which I have printed off onto 
vellum and then stitched to the confetti print Simple Stories paper 
which was already there from my foundation page work.

I've sewn around three sides before adding some sequins and sewing shut.
 
 Day 8

Another free printable, with the prompt being creating a handmade gift. 
The way the little tag attaches to the ribbon to look like a gift, echoes 
the theme for the day perfectly
 Lift the spotted vellum to reveal photos.
 Day 9
 This spread captures the special bond between my Daughter and her Kindergarten teachers. Her last day of Kindy, graduating with her little friends.
 Day 10
 Another free printable, along with a fun prompt about festive playlists. 
Do you have a favourite mix of songs that get played at Christmas time?
 Day 11

 My Son, shattered after a busy year. This photo says it all! 
I can't help but giggle every time I see it.
 Under the 4x6 Sn@p card which I have folded over, I have popped a scanned 
copy of his final school report. (It was a good one! ;)
 Thank you again for your interest in my December Days album.
If you are going to be making one, be sure to tag us, 
we would so love to see your creations!

Till next time!
Chantalle


No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10