Monday 2 February 2015

Project Life | Week One...

 Hello Sassy Friends!  It's Leanne here today, to share with you my first PL2015 spread for the year.  Week one | January 01 - 11.
 

 
This week I am playing with the gorgeous Amy Tangerine Stitched collection and it's perfect for documenting a wide variety of activities! The first week of the year is usually a very busy one for us. The kids are still on their school holidays and our middle son celebrates his birthday!
 
 
I chose the bright and beautiful colours from the Amy Tan collection because it reminded me so much of Summer activities outdoors!  This week I've complemented the Stitched collection with pops of Studio Calico gold stars and the beautifully textured Prima alphas.
 

 
Last week I shared with you a step by step to creating a pocket title card. Here's how I added it to my PL2015..
 

 
This year I am attempting to add photos that have a crisp white border around the outside edge. This take a bit of pre-planning in Photoshop but I am happy with the results so far.
 

 
One of my pocket filler cards has been dedicated to my son's 9th birthday.  I trimmed a background patterned paper sheet to 3"x4" and then using my silhouette, cut a number nine from a similar coloured paper.  I made sure the number was large enough to fill the space on my filler card, so it would stand out.  To finish it off, I hand stitched around the inner edge of the "9" with white embroidery floss.
 

 
During school holidays, I tend to take series' of photos. When sharing them in my PL, I like to resize and have them printed onto a 4"x6" photo. It's a great space saver and really helps the story being documented.


The white space below is perfect for subtitles or embellishments.
 
This year I want to have more substance to my journaling.  I've been taking daily notes and then adding them, with the date, to journaling cards that slip straight the pockets.

 
My first week of PL2015 is really a week and a half long.  I wanted to document more than the first four days in my first PL spread.  For all that extra journaling (and the limited space because of extra photos), I've hidden it beneath a folded 4"x6" PL card.
 


 
When the card is removed from the pocket, it opens up to reveal more of our weekly details..
 


 
Where I wanted to document an event in detail, I've created a more specific space for the story to be shared. The Ice Skating story on page two is an example of this.
 

 
Also on page two, I've played with photo size. Again, this takes some pre-planning in Photoshop or if you have a cropping app on your phone you can get quite creative.
 

 
The cropping tool I use and the photo collage below were both created with an app on my iPhone called Diptic.  The collage element was extremely helpful in gathering and displaying most of my photos from my son's birthday. And it is coincidently matches the patterned paper adjacent to it!! Yay!
 

 
Finally, I've used the Prima Alpha in yellow to help document the dates and placed them on the Amy Tan Felted patterned paper.  This paper was trimmed via the months and into 3"x4" sizes.
 


And when it comes to embellishments, nothing screams like Summer (in our house) more than tropical fruit. The pineapple is ideal not only because my kids have been consuming it like crazy lately, but because this fruit is a prominent symbol in our local area.
 

 
I hope you have enjoyed my first spread of PL2015 and that each of you attempting PL this year have started to relish the process.  Thanks for joining me...x
 
Sassy Supplies:
 
Amy Tangerine Stitched Interlock 12x12 Paper
 
Amy Tangerine Stitched Scissors 12x12 Paper
 
Amy Tangerine Stitched Felted 12x12 Paper
 
 Amy Tangerine Stitched Alternate 12x12 Paper
 
 Amy Tan Stitched Accent and Phrase Stickers
 
Dear Lizzy Serendipity Ephemera Pieces with Rose Gold
 
Dear Lizzy Serendipity Watercolour Words
 
Essentials Chipboard Stars Gold
 
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10