Friday 20 March 2015

E&J

Hello Sassy Friends!

Another week done and dusted already... I hope it has treated you well!
 As this post comes to you, Leanne and I are preparing to meet some of our very favourite scrappy friends, in person at Escape 2 Create!! We've looked forward to this weekend for so very long, and now finally it is here!

My page today captures my little scallywags, hanging upside down, off the edge of our bed. They shared a little joke and broke out in fits of giggles, mainly because they looked even funnier being upside down! It's incredibly heartwarming to see them sharing moments like this.

The base patterned paper is from the new Maggie Holmes 'Craft Market' collection. It grabbed me as soon as I saw it in the shop! It has influenced me to do some stitching in different areas on my page.


On top of the paper, I have laid the spotty design Heidi Swapp lace paper. For some interest, I have sprayed two shades of Color Shine over the top. The look isn't as strong as I would've liked, as the mist didn't absorb into the paper as I thought it would, but it still gives a lovely coloured sheen.

I popped a brad into the top left corner and then, using it as an anchor for my thread, I went about stitching randomly, using the holes as guides, imitating the string art pattern on the paper below.


 To finish this bit off, I have popped lots of different size brads in the holes. I really like the effect and it ties in nicely with the printed needle holes on the stitched patterned paper.


The right side uses a strip of the 'Hand Painted' paper, which I have folded into itself and then stiched down. The edge I have punched with an American Crafts heart pattern border punch.


Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope your next click, will be through to the shop to check out the incredible new stock that has arrived this week!

Have a great weekend
Chantalle x


 Wanderlust 5x7 Lace Paper PackHeidi Swapp Chipboard Sticker Titles



3 comments:

  1. What an amazing layout Chantalle!! I positively LOVE all the stitching you've done - especially picking out the 'J' for your title... I'd love to go roaming though the shop, but have to wait until funds are up to scratch again, lol!
    I'm so jealous of you getting away to E2C! Have a fantastic time!!! I hope one day I will be able to join you!!!
    Cheers!
    Deb.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this page! so many amazingly fun details, stunning stitching!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous LO! The stitching is just amazing!

    ReplyDelete

09 10