Friday 17 April 2015

Postives and negatives

Hello Sassy Friends!

For us here in Queensland, it's the last 'day' of the Easter holiday break. I will miss the friendlier pace we've enjoyed, but I'm looking forward to getting back into the swing of things ;)

I have made some cards using both the positive and negative bits after playing with my new Heidi Swapp dies. Cutting the words out of lush gold foil paper, there was no way I was wasting the leftovers!

 For this card, I have cut out a feather from plain white cardstock using a die set from my stash. I have matted this with a section of Craft Market 'Process' paper - I love the subtle distress incorporated into the print. This white bit of card was then mounted with foam tape onto a white greeting card onto which I have popped a bit of Craft Market 'Hand Painted'.

I have embellished with the word 'Thank you', some splotches of Color Shine and a few adhesive sequins.

The next card uses the leftover of the die cutting process. I have picked up on the pinks and blues from the star print on the other side of the 'Process' paper, running a strip of it in the middle of my card.


This was machine stitched down with pink thread. I then popped the pink/gold glitter tag from the Craft Market 'Gold Glitter' paper on top of the stars and over that, foam mounted my gold foil negative. I love the way I can see the glitter peeking through from underneith.


This next one is a bit more layered and softer. Here I have used the 'Happy' die


I've created a little stack over some soft stamping, using a bit more of the Craft Market 'Process' a tag from the Glitter paper, the positive of the feather I cut for the first card and a gem die cut.


My final card incorporates the 'happy' leftovers. I have created a background using it, a scrap of Craft Market 'Hand Painted', and a glitter tag.


I've then machine stitched for definition between the areas.


 Finished simply with a few small ephemera bits, a sticker and a flair, I like the quirky yet clean look of this card.

Thank you so much for stopping by today, I really appreciate it!

Have a fantastic weekend

Chantalle x



 

2 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS!! I love hand made cards....and almost NEVER make them... thanks for the inspiration.
    Mardi x

    ReplyDelete
  2. GORGEOUS!! I love hand made cards....and almost NEVER make them... thanks for the inspiration.
    Mardi x

    ReplyDelete

09 10