Monday 5 October 2015

Project Life | Weeks 28 & 29...

Hello Sassy Friends! Welcome back to Project Life Monday! It has been extremely busy around my place lately, as we enjoy the last few days of our school holidays!  And because it has been crazy-busy, I am using it as an excuse to confess that I am TEN weeks behind in my Project Life! Eeeek! But never mind.  I promise I will get there in the end.  Just like you, if you find yourself falling behind as well.

This week I am sharing Weeks 28 & 29.  I managed to condense both weeks into a single pocket page.  Not only will this endeavour to help me in my "catch-up" process, but it will help keep all my 2015 spreads in one album.

"PL2015 | Weeks 28 & 29"

I am continuing with using the lovely Crate Paper | Wonder and October Afternoon | Summertime collections, as found in the Sassy Scrapper store.

On page one, I have documented our week 28.  It was a quiet week at home with the kids returning to school I wasn't very motivated to take many photos.  I did however, document the incredibly rare weather event of snow in Queensland, with a few screen captures from social media.


I love the stickers from the Crate Paper | Wonder and thought that the house one was very appropriate for conveying our return to house and home. And even though the idea isn't recorded in the journaling, I always try to think outside the box when embellishing my pages. 


Journaling for the rest of the week was also very basic. I really wanted to contain my thoughts to a single 3x4 cardstock piece.  I've added the weekly title using October Afternoon alphas both here on page one and as a symmetrical feature on page two.


To help record the strangeness in weather between weeks 28 & 29 I deliberately placed a snow photo adjacent to a beach photo.  It was a very odd combination to experience! The arrows from the Crate Paper | Wonder stickers once again come to my rescue to help convey the difference between Week 28 and then Week 29!



Page two is dedicated completely to Week 29.


This week was photo heavy, but only due to two events. I wasn't too concerned however, as it balanced the lack of photos on page one! LOL!

The embellishment layers were kept simple but help draw the eye across the page, highlighting little details.



To mimic Week 28, my journaling for Week 29 was also contained to a single 3x4 cardstock piece. I did however, add a small border of patterned paper from the October Afternoon collection, to bring out the touches of yellow.



Finally, for a little dimension, I added the Heidi Swapp wood veneer directly to my 4x6 photo.

Thanks for visiting today.  I hope to be able to catch up very quickly in the coming weeks and that you will join me as I do so...x

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10