Thursday 25 May 2017

Be Beautiful Art Journal Page by Farrel Tailor

Hello Sassy lovelies!!! 

I'm back with another mixed media tutorial for you all today. Last week I featured the amazing Dina Wakley Scribble Sticks and I thought I would do another art journal page using them again but in a different way. I also wanted to show you how to use the incredible Prima Watercolor Resist Pen. 

So let me give you a quick run down of how I created this page and at the end of the post there is a process video if you wanted to see me in action.


So I started by drawing my tulips with a pencil and once I was happy, I then went over it using the Prima Watercolor Resist Pen. This pen is amazing!!!! You have to wait for the liquid to dry and for the best results leave it over night. But I am an impatient scrapper so I used my heat gun and then let sit for about 15 min before I moved on to colouring the flowers. 



So how the Watercolor Resist Pen works is once it's dry, it acts as a seal so you can use this with your watercolour paints or pencils or crayons....anything really.

 So the next thing I did once my resist pen was dry was to use the Dina Wakley Scribble Sticks to colour in my tulips. The colours I used were - Magenta, Lemon, Lime, Sky, Night, Tangerine and Blackberry. I used my water pen to take the pigment from the stick and used them as a watercolour medium.


Next I used the Distress Oxides for my background. I started by blending Broken China and Faded Jeans with a blending tool and then sprayed with water. But I found using my water pen was much easier and I was able to get into the small spaces as seen here with Cracked Pistachio


Once that was all dried, I then had the pleasure in removing the harden liquid from the Watercolor Resist Pen...and all you have to do is use your fingers and rub it off.


I then used Heidi Swapp Magnolia Jane Clear Stamp set Special Words and Icons with Versafine Black Onyx. And to finish it off I used my black and white Uni Posca Pens for highlighting.




Here is the process video


Thanks for dropping by and hopefully I have inspired you to be creative 
Farrel xx


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10